After seven years I am releasing my private collection of paintings for sale. My wife does a wonderful job of explaining things beautifully, so here’s her Instagram posts: A near death experience changes the perspective…
As a dear friend and first-hand consultant of Aaron’s, James P. Gordon brings 28-years of high-level engineering expertise to Aaron R. Thomas’ projects.
Below is Gordon’s comprehensive resume to better understand the depth of material and engineering expertise that is applied to an Aaron R. Thomas-commissioned project.
James P. Gordon has senior level experience in manufacturing, as well as R&D.
James is capable of adjusting to changing priorities in multi-project situations and is a professional that has been responsible for multiple company start-ups, as well as relocation. Mr Gordon has demonstrated strengths in Operation Management, Team Building, Cost Reduction, Research & Development, Strategic Planning, Leadership, Engineered Materials background, Air Quality & Environmental skills. Joseph has many achievements and awards including Staff member for 1984 Olympic Team – USA, Staff member of 1986 World’s Team – USA, Technical support staff member of USA team from 1983 to 1996 in Biometrics & Design, Selected for ‘Who’s Who in the West‘ in 1980 and more.
Senior level experience in manufacturing, as well as R&D. Capable of adjusting to changing priorities in multi-project situations. Professional that has been responsible for multiple company start-ups, as well as relocation. Works effectively in staffing and budgeting, based on current business need. Instrumental in introducing procedures and materials to reduce cost and increase productivity.
- Operation Management
- Team Building
- Cost Reduction
- Research & Development
- Strategic Planning
- Engineered Materials background
- Air Quality & Environmental skills
Orange Coast College
Long Beach State Mechanical Engineering, Tool Design, B.S.
Maynard Time Study Certification Programs
Milton Weiner Labs
CHI Covina ( Composite Horizons Incorporated )
Engineering Project Manager
2007 – Present
- High temperature composite components related to aviation & aerospace
- Medical composite components related to M.R.I. and surgical tables
- Strategic prototyping for future customer base
- Proof load and load-to-failure
Customers include G.E. , Siemens , General Atomics, and Honeywell Aerospace
Gordon Supply Company
Manufacturing & Research Consultant
2005 – 2007
- Consultant regarding composite materials and new product development
- Design and manufacture of after-market parts for the Japanese import car market, including production of tooling
- Prototyping of Galileo Satellite
- Installation of thermoforming equipment and procedures
Customers include: Rantec Incorporated, FSI Incorporated, Levitations, Hymanson Incorporated, Aaron R. Thomas Inc., and Password:JDM
Freedom Innovations, LLC.
2002 – 2006
Director of Operations
- Startup of composite prosthetic company
- Interfaced and acquired new vendors and managed facility
- Released new products to market
- Instrumental in material procurement & evaluation of low cost materials to reduce overall production cost
- Developed cosmetic foam foot cover, including process documentation
- Secured new facility and orchestrated building
- Procured and inspected all major equipment purchases
Flex Foot Inc. ( now Össur )
1996 – 2002
Senior Research and Development Engineer
- Responsible for starting in-house R&D effort
- Equipment procurement
- Vendor interface and periodic audits
- Managed foam injection process and lab personnel
- Increased the number of new products to market in first year
- Introduced low cost vinyl-ester sheet molding compounds to replace high cost pre-preg materials
- Developed drape forming for BK socket assembly and created new product line.
G.T. Bicycles, Inc
1995 – 1996
Managing Director of Composite Manufacturing
- Maintained close relationship with product development, from model , engineering, and final design
- Set up facility from R&D to full production within six months
- Key role in patented bladder curing process using thermal set and thermoplastic carbon fiber
- Developed ‘Project 96′ Supebike for Team GT in use during the 1996 Olympic Games
- Played a role in development on composite bicycle frames, seat posts, handlebars, and flex-joint suspension
1985 – 1996
- Company evolved from 1984 Olympic Effort
- Holds several patents on new technology related to bicycle market.
- Developed products such as disc wheels, spoke wheels, tri-spoke wheels, seat posts, handlebars, and bladed spokes
- Major contributor to U.S. Cycling team from 1984 to 1986
- Set new standards for high performance bicycles
Awards & Publications
- Staff member for 1984 Olympic Team – USA
- Team Coach for 1984 Olympic Team – Guatemala
- Staff member of 1986 World’s Team – USA
- Technical support staff member of USA team from 1983 to 1996 in Biometrics & Design
- Selected for ‘Who’s Who in the West‘ in 1980
- Selected as ‘Design Contributor and Speaker’ for ‘Technical Center of Silicon Valley’ for wheel design since 1990
- Achieved ‘Award of Excellence from the American Society for Composites in 1996
- Featured in ‘Popular Science‘ “Best of What’s New : 1996″ Recreational category
- Featured in L.A. Times “Engineer, Ex-Racer Reaches Olympian Heights in Bike Design” by Russ Loar
- Featured in 2010 book “Mastering Cycling” by three time Olympian John Howard
Member of S.A.M.P.E.
Member of Society of Plastic Engineers
Recent Aaron R. Thomas Blog Posts
Following their lauded debut collaboration last year, artists Aaron R. Thomas and Yannick Hamon have teamed up to create an innovative contemporary art series of wall, sculptural and functional fine art furniture paintings on acrylic. The artists’ mutual respect for their counterpart’s meticulous…